From our extensive nationwide research of other communities, Solon Community Living will offer families a turn-key, sustainable housing option for their loved one, without the property tax burden, worries and responsibilities of ownership.
What are the key financial components for living at SCL?
1. One-time stakeholder’s fee
This supports the development and construction of the homes. Our goal is to raise additional funds to reduce the amount families will have to contribute to create this unique neighborhood.
2. Rent and Community Fee
Note: The resident’s SSI or SSDI monthly checks can help offset these costs.
The Community Member (Resident) pays an affordable rent, and their family pays a community fee which covers the following:
- Professional property management, ongoing maintenance, capital improvements, and other services (i.e., landscaping, snow plowing)
- Purchase and maintenance of all major appliances
- All utilities (except cable TV and phone)
- Long-term sustainability of the community
- The salaries of the Community Director and Resident Assistants who will be on-site to provide 24/7 supplemental support to residents. (This will be in addition to the personal caregivers that some residents will have within their own homes)
- Education/Entertainment/Enrichment programming and other services based on input from residents and their families
- Note: Families/residents are responsible for furnishing and maintaining their home’s interior.